Tuesday, December 4, 2012

From a co-sleeper to a non co-sleeper

Well when I first knew I was going to be a mom I had it mind what kind of mom I would be. I was going to be a co-sleeping mother I work and away from my son from 8-5 and when I really though about it I really only had 5 hours a day max with him. So I always felt sad not sleeping with him. Now that he is 2 and I am pregnant with our 2nd baby I have changed my mind and my way of thinking. When our new baby arrives I WILL NOT be a co-sleeping for many reasons. My son, at 2 still doesn't sleep through the night and last night he was up at 2:45-4ish. Now to keep my sanity I will sleep train my new baby to sleep in their crib. I have armed myself with some new items that I think will help me through this process. First a video monitor I am going to chose from these two 1. Angelcare and 2.Motorola MBP36 Remote Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night Vision and Zoom   so I don't have to always be walking in to check on the baby. I also got this book and video to help me. It is from Sleep Planet and I have heard and read good reviews and I hope it works for us. I am going to try to get my 2 year old to sleep by himself also. And I no longer think that I am a bad mom for putting my child in their crib. I will actually be a better mama and wife and human being if I got some real sleep. I love my children move than life itself but when I am to tired to function and be that great mama they need I need to make a change. Here is to better nights full of complete sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment